My son, a pedestrian, was hit by a car. Is there any way to obtain insurance money for his injuries?

You should file a claim with the insurance company that covers the car that struck your son. If you do not know the vehicle that struck your son or if the vehicle was uninsured, you may file a claim with your car insurance company if your son was a member of your household at the time of the accident.

If there was no auto policy in your or your son’s household, you may file a claim with New York’s Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC).

The Law Offices of Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP, can assist you in determining which approach to obtaining compensation for your son’s injuries best fits your circumstances.