How do I obtain payment for wages I have lost because of my accident?

Lost wages are initially reimbursed by the insurance company that insured the car you were in and, in some cases, by New York State Disability, under New York’s no-fault law. If you were a pedestrian, the insurance company of the vehicle that hit you will pay your lost wages, along with NYS Disability. Should the amount of your lost wages be more than what no-fault and NYS Disability have to pay, then any party at fault may be responsible for that additional wage loss.

Similar to seeking damages for medical bills, claims for lost wages must be made relatively quickly or they may be denied. These applications can be particularly tricky when you are self-employed or between jobs. Contact The Law Offices of Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP, today to discuss your case.