Steps to Take When You Are in an Accident
What to do in case you are in an accident
- Notify police, and if necessary, notify an ambulance immediately.
- Make no statements to anyone, except a police officer.
- Do not admit liability.
- Obtain all insurance information, names, addresses, phone numbers and license plates numbers of those involved in the accident.
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- If you have a camera, take pictures of all cars and all people.
What to do within twenty-four hours of an accident
- Seek appropriate medical treatment for your injuries.
- Notify your insurance company of your accident and make any claims.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company, your or theirs, before contacting an attorney.