Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP Annual Scholarship Essay Contest
1. The essay must be solely the work of the contestant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
2. Decisions of the judges are final.
3. Employees of Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP, Consultwebs.com, Inc., their boards of directors and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
4. Winners shall be required to provide a Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP for issuance of a 1099 Form where appropriate. All federal, state, local and other taxes and charges on prizes will be the sole responsibility of the contestant.
5. All submissions become property of the Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP law firm to use, reproduce or distribute as it sees fit in its sole discretion, although authorship may be acknowledged.
6. By accepting a prize, the winner grants to Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use his or her essay in connection with this contest and to further use his or her name and biographical information in promotional materials without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP will make every reasonable attempt to read and have judged every essay, but Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP is not responsible for failure to read and/or judge an essay.
8. Any prize or other item to which a contestant may become entitled as a result of his/her participation in this contest is subject to immediate revocation in the event of a discovery of a contestant’s failure to comply with these rules.
9. By participating in this essay contest and/or accepting a prize, contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP, its managers, members, directors, officers and employees, from and against any and all liability and costs in connection with any claim from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
10. Under no circumstances shall Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP, its managers, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, investors or licensors, be liable to the contestant for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damage.
11. Depending on the number of responses, Scott C. Gottlieb & Associates, LLP may institute a cut-off, at which time we will refuse to receive additional new applications. Therefore, if you are interested in participating in this essay contest, you should submit your application as soon as possible.
12. If there are changes to these Rules, they will be sent by email and will be considered read and accepted by the contestant. If they are not acceptable, the contestant may withdraw from this essay contest.
13. Any dispute arising from this contest will be determined according to the law of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles. The contestant’s participation in the contest shall constitute consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Onondaga County, Syracuse, NY, and agreement that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.